Wild Forests and Fauna (WildFF) is an international nonprofit based in Seattle, Washington committed to protecting and restoring globally important forests. Our vital work is growing beyond the executive board’s capacity and thus we are seeking professionals of all interests and backgrounds to join the fun and advance the cause.
We are specifically seeking professionals with experience in project management, nonprofit development, and communications. We desire applicants who are committed to making a positive impact in the world and care about wild things and the people who depend on them.
Our executive team is virtual and spread across the world, including in Peru, Mexico, and four cities in the United States. If you’re interested in joining this virtual team, you can expect 5-15 hours a month of gratifying and high-impact work. Ideally, you will start in April 2017 and the rest will be history. Interested?? Read on…
Background / Position Purpose:
Wild Forests and Fauna (WildFF) is a US-based registered 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and restoring threatened forests through community-based projects. Over the last four years, WildFF has launched a series of successful projects in Peru and Uganda. These projects include:
- Protecting more than 11,000 acres of threatened rainforest through ecotourism
- Empowering and educating more than 45 young leaders on Peru’s Amazon frontier
- Building partnerships with traditional women healers in Uganda to restore native forests
With the organization’s foundation set and initial projects initiated, WildFF is ready to enhance its board of directors and increase its capacity for impact. To that end, we are searching for motivated individuals to join our executive board to execute projects and scale the impact of the organization. Specifically, we are looking for sharp individuals who enjoy solving problems, want to make a positive difference, and are prepared to join an online team of goal-oriented professionals.
While each board member of WildFF can participate in a multitude of ways, we are specifically seeking prospective board members with professional experience in project management, communications, conservation science, and/or nonprofit development. While each member of the WildFF board contributes differently to the organization, we all seek to align our personal goals with our contributions.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Genuine Excitement & Interest in the Work! – Passion for environmental conservation, sustainable development, capacity building, and/or wild forests is paramount for our organization.
- Excellent Communication (listening, verbal, written) – The ability to communicate clearly and professionally in a virtual and online environment is necessary for success in this role. English fluency is not required, but is helpful; Spanish proficiency is not required, but is also helpful.
- Multicultural Sensitivity & Awareness – As an international organization working with diverse constituents in other countries, it is imperative that our executive team has understanding and empathy for a wide range of groups.
- Problem-Solving, Reasoning & Creativity – This role is an opportunity to help shape the future of our programs and impacts. The ideal candidate will be prepared to push boundaries, suggest new ideas and be part of the process of moving our organization forward in new and exciting ways.
- Professionalism and Integrity – The positions available require strong interpersonal skills and the ability to remain professional under a range of circumstances. In other words, reliability, work quality, and being proactive and solutions-oriented are essential traits of our collective success.
Apply by April 15th. Send the following to [email protected] with the subject line Board Member
Application – (Your Name). Include:
- Cover Letter – Tell us how you have the qualifications and skills noted above and include responses
to the following questions:
- Why would you like to join the WildFF board?
- What skills or other contributions would you bring?
- Why do you think wildlife and wild forests are important?
- Resume – Be sure to include any relevant experience.
Questions? – Send your questions to [email protected].